Re: Digest Number 361

Message 02144 of 3835

Hello. Thank you for your post. However, I respectfully disagree with your conclusion. There is even the taste of competition within your post.

I would favor the hypothesis that "part of magical initiation" is to not be seduced into worshipping at the alter (metaphor) of competition.. it takes ones focus form the goal... and that depends upon what the desire is in relation to, rather than the idea of "competition" itself.

Consider the "balancing of the elements", even that is in a sense a competition between focuses (competition between neg/pos elemental balances? insecurities? etc... THe very act of seeking balance, one must refocus elsewhere... and that can mean a 'competing' focus of will (interruptions, etc.) .

I believe that the ideal competetive sense is not RAMMED into anyone. It is a common experience in anything that exists. WHat we do with it and how much we surrender to the negative OF the concept, is again, a competiton, AND of our own choosing based upon our own interpretation relative to our own priorities and self understanding..

but alas, is also a seduction into the glamour of a type of superiority based within the hiding of our own insecurity.

Perhaps the REAL "part of the magical intiation" is to not be threatened BY the concept and try top get rid of it, accept it as within its sphere, enjoy it where one may and never to lose sight that IT (the act or desire to compete) is not who or what we are, but something we either wish and choose to enjoy or not (and in an ethical and balanced, concientious and respectful manner.

THen the sting and the glamour may be removed from it and we can again set it upon its correct and balanced course as well as place in manifestation.

It has been said that "The mind cannot move AWAY from anything, only TOWARD something else."

Rest,
:T: