Re: Digest Number 361

Message 02135 of 3835

Hi guys,

Interestingly part of the magical initiation is a recognition that all forms of
competition are worthless; a very hard part for many people to let go from
given how competing is rammed into everyone from early age. It is based on the
principal of balance, and that the only perfect result in any competition is
for two oposing parties to draw / tie which renders the point ofcompeting in
the first place useless. If you beat someone, you are better in that instance
than they, and there is no point in beating somebody not as strong in a certain
competitive event than you - other than for self gratification, ego, killer
instinct etc.

Martial artists, particualrly those who actively compete, or even at the
sparring level, have to try to hit your opponent - unless yoru colleagues
arewilling to just let you parry, which is still a form of competition thus
like many things, at a certain level it just has to go!

I had to give up Judo 6 months back, there was just no point any more!

The other Mark

Mark Rasmus <markrasmus@...> wrote:
Hi Zach,
I wish to take the next step in building a non harming
vibration in my field. Sparring generates too much
static in the field. Ideally one should be empty
during sparring but in this case it is easier to just
let the 28 year habit go. Everything has an end.
Blessings
Mark

> Dear Mark,
>
> I''m interested why are you giving up martial arts,
> do you find practising
> them clashes with your Bardon practice?
>
> best
>
> Zach