Re: Digest Number 361

Message 02145 of 3835

Hi,

I understand your take on competition; but there is only one goal of
competition to elevate somebody to the position of superior and one
to inferior.

The entire process creates disequilibrium and is unnecessary in a
divine sense; anyone partiaking in any competition, unless iwth a
desire to lose in the first palce si still hoping to create a
disequilibrium in a situation which did not previously exist. Any
magician who knowingly desires to create such a disequilibrium,
especially with regards to his own "enjoyment" will find many
obstacles in his way further down the path.

Furthermore, even if your intention was perfect and he above
statement untrue; you are unable to take in to account the negative
emotions created within your opponent if you do win and are thus
generating a negative breeding pool. Competition is human baggage
unless specifically necessary pertaining to physical survival, and
even then has to be seriously considered.

Mark

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "lux xul" <luxxul@h...> wrote:

> Hello. Thank you for your post. However, I respectfully disagree
with your
> conclusion. There is even the taste of competition within your
post.

> I would favor the hypothesis that "part of magical initiation" is
to not be
> seduced into worshipping at the alter (metaphor) of competition..
it takes
> ones focus form the goal... and that depends upon what the desire
is in
> relation to, rather than the idea of "competition" itself.
>
> Consider the "balancing of the elements", even that is in a sense
> competition between focuses (competition between neg/pos elemental
balances?
> insecurities? etc... THe very act of seeking balance, one must
refocus
> elsewhere... and that can mean a 'competing' focus of will
(interruptions,
> etc.) .
>
> I believe that the ideal competetive sense is not RAMMED into
anyone. It is
> a common experience in anything that exists. WHat we do with it
and how much
> we surrender to the negative OF the concept, is again, a
competiton, AND of