Re: Re: Bardonism

Message 02202 of 3835

>Would it be accurate to say that the fourth way and theosophy are also forms
>of hermetics, or are they associated with a different tradition?

I wonder, too, especially about the 4-th way. At least superficially it
seems very different from Bardonism. Then again, maybe the difference is in
the vocabulary and the stress given to diverse aspects of work. What
Bardon says in a few sentences in the first half of Thought discipline
(Perform all tasks with complete awareness) is given center stage in the
Gurdjieff work (self-remembering). I don't say it's unimportant in
Bardonism, only that few words are said about it.

Bardon speaks about the four elements, Gurdjieff about the Law of Three,
three forces being needed for any action (the Earth aspect?). Then we have
the theory of octaves. Also, Ritual seem to have no place in the 4-th way.

There is kind of negativity (realism (?)) about the 4-th way when it says
that one cannot awaken by one's own effort, one always needs help from
others. Thus work is in groups, with the risk of naive hero-worship, etc .

Stu

Main Index | Thread Index