Re: Wanting

Message 02203 of 3835

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "David Yeh" <ldreamr@y...>
wrote:
> Hi Regulus,
>
> You bring up an interesting issue that
> I have been looking at lately,
> and that is the quality of my "wanting."

Dear David:

Thank you for your response; it was both thought-provoking and
gracious.

In recent years there has been a trend in the counseling community
to distinguish psychological issues from spiritual ones. In the
context of your previous posting what to do you think of this
distinction?

To put it another way, several responders suggested that learning
not to repeat past mistakes so that they can take their lives to a
new level is a significant motivation. One approach to doing this is
through psychological means - reflecting on one's own life, learning
from past mistakes, learning to care for others and so on. But what
of the spirit? Does Bardon and IIH offer something in addition to
the growth and maturation that can occur in many other ways?

Consider a hypothetical man X. X is moving on in years, he has made
many mistakes and learned good lessons from most of them. He is
reaching the pinnacle of his career doing satisfying and meaningful
work. He has many good relationships. He is happy most of most days.
He worries a little about his mortality but he is healthy and life
is good. What does IIH offer X? What drives the "wanting" if you are
happy?

Respectfully, /RM/

Main Index | Thread Index