Impregnating Breath

Message 02204 of 3835

Hi David and all!

Some thoughts on impregnating breath... I offer these notes not as
instruction, but as experience of a fellow explorer, there may be
something you can use and, worst case, perhaps you may profit from my
mistakes.

One thing that continues to unfold for me through Bardon's work is
the fundamental difference between what we think we know
intellectually and what we discover experientially. I've given up on
trying to ascertain, with much stock in veracity, what my
mind "thinks" a practice may reveal -vs- what the actual practice
will uncover. I also appreciate your insight David; each step itself
can confer a set of powerful tools for the magician, rather than
being stepping stones toward some illusion of future achievement; I
believe achievement is something always available in the now.

I didn't really understand impregnating breath at first; I was
working with it abstractly for quite sometime until a few things
started to gel :-) Once of my first progressions in the technique
came when I started realizing it had something to do with "binding."
How does one bind intent x with substance y? How do thoughts merge
with things, connect with things in a different way than simple
reflections of what we perceive? I discovered my typical thoughts
were mostly reactive rather than projective; they responded to
perceptions and other thoughts but they functioned more along the
lines of those inert ingredients you see on product labels. This
reversal of polarity (subjective tag, not a magical definition)
became an important key to future exercises, and a way of cracking
the code with impregnation. As a bridging technique I explored
imagining a gas with particular effects or particles of nano-tech
that could be programmed when a focused link was established; while
valuable at the time, I found these could also be dispensed with as
practice progressed.

The second discovery was the importance of sustaining an
unadulterated thought-stream; the more effective I became at thought
control #2 the more effective this link in the chain became. That
wily Bardon. Not much of an issue with 7 breaths, but as the duration
extended to 5, 10 and 15 minutes I found it useful to combine these
two exercises. This tweak became more effective when used with a
third.

The difference between wanting something and the experience of having
something is characterized by how we represent differences in time. A
subtlety that bit me on more than one occasion was the distinction in
what happens when you project an intent based on desire -vs- an
intent based on accomplishment. If you project the "desire for x"
with your impregnation it may very well manifest successfully as
simply the "desire for x." You may be projecting the manifestation of
a *need* rather than its fulfillment. So the third discovery was the
importance of invoking what you would *feel* like if you have what
you intend; it is already accomplished, what do you feel? Not what do
you desire. This can be a major shift. Exploring the many goals we
have in life from the perspective of what specifically we expect to
gain in terms of how it impacts our being has a side benefit; it can
sort through a myriad of external priorities and refine them to a set
of internal values. It can also teach quite a bit about "state
control." This building block of impregnation had me experimenting
with techniques that actors use to fabricate states and, in
particular, to the work of Constantine Stanislavsky and his use of
psycho-physical action and "atmospheres." Like discovering the inert
activity of thought, this pointed out an inertia in my imaginative
faculties; given a chance to experience any state you wanted, what
state would you pick?

The last relevant discovery, in order to wrap this up with some
semblance of brevity, was the powerful metaphorical action that the
physical step brings to the equation; impregnating something that is
assimilated into one's being. (A reason why you may want to be
careful about watching the news while you are eating.) We assimilate
things on many levels and linking to this process creates a powerful,
resonant ritual in ways other parts of our mind understand. Like many
magical practices, we are doing this all the time; we project our
beliefs, assumptions and values out into the world and with our
perception we then reabsorb them as evidence which creates and
sustains our realities. This process can lock us into a conditioned
reality; the 4rth way schools, mentioned recently, believe there are
three "octaves" that can serve as "shock points" for changing this;
interestingly enough, they are the conscious use of food, air and
impressions :-)

I hope something here may assist in some small way in your practice.

-emc

Main Index | Thread Index