Re: Earthly Ambitions

Message 02224 of 3835

Hi David,

I've only just joined the BardonPraxis list, mainly to begin to learn a
little about Baron's teachings. I've been most impressed with what I've
read, such as people's postings regarding "Impregnating Breath", as
teachings I've been influenced by have similar methods of energising one's
Self to attract what is needed. My background (really briefly) is in Golden
Dawn derived teachings, alchemy, and currently Psychosynthesis, and I am yet
to read any of Bardon's books, although I feel sure some of his teachings
were included in a system I was formerly involved in (should I say some of
his concepts and ideas were likely included).

On the topic of money, it is something I "struggle" to accept within myself,
as to whether I can live a 'spiritual' life as well as making money (and I
mean serious money - to the point of never having to worry about working
etc). You say, on the other hand, you have no problem with choosing to make
a lot of money. There is something common there - beliefs. My beliefs are
different than yours and for various and differing reasons I am sure. It
doesn't make either of us (as individuals) "right" or "wrong".

In any situation such as this, I believe that an important factor is beliefs
(belief structures) - and what ideas, concepts, understandings, experiences,
misunderstandings, we have regarding a core belief. The concept of belief
structures is a key concept within Psychosynthesis - but many other systems
also talk about the importance of beliefs. In more modern "jargon" we have
the concept of the meme (or mind virus) - which to me equates more-or-less
with belief structures. Also, NLP, which makes extensive use of reframing to
help deal with beliefs. Carlos Castaneda / Don Juan talk about "erasing
personal history" which involves breaking down the ideas and beliefs about
ourselves we have "inherited" from others.

My Psychosynthesis tutor dedicates a large part of one lesson to talking
about money - mainly for those of her students who intend to work as
"therapists" and charge money for their services. What she teaches is that
money = energy (in a symbolic fashion). Money has no moral connotations -
really - it is all tokenary when you look at it. What it provides though is
a process of energy exchange which is far more flexible than the barter
system. I don't need 3 pigs, even though you need your firewood chopping and
I own an axe. However, for a fee I am happy to expend several hours of
energy to chop your firewood, and go into town and purchase some loaves of
bread with the money. You get your firewood chopped and get to keep the
pigs, and I get the bread I need to make sandwiches.

For another esoteric view on money check out the following link:
http://www.lightinfo.org/aab/dkmoney.htm

When it comes to positive and negative traits, and understanding whether
something is positive or negative (for me) I have to think / feel / sense
whether the trait (belief, behaviour, etc) is meeting my needs. If my needs
are not being meet then I believe I have to change my beliefs, behaviours,
or situation in some way to meet those needs. If I am thirsty I go and get a
glass of water. If it is a belief I can use whatever techniques I am
familiar with to assist in changing this belief to allow me to better meet
my needs. To me it is that simple - in concept.

My only points to raise is regarding your statement "something tells me that
this ambition needs to be written down under the heading of negative
traits."

The first point is, does this ambition meet *all* your needs, or is it at
the expense of certain things? e.g. do you desire something in life which
you will miss out on if you go where this ambition takes you?

Secondly, where have your beliefs surrounding money (and ambition) come
from? Is the ambition (belief) yours, or a parent's? What is your core
belief surrounding money (and ambition)?

In Psychosynthesis changing beliefs to better meet needs is done via a
process of synthesis and seldom (in my experience at least) leads to "loss".
Ideally you can meet all your needs *best*, you can have money *and*
spirituality. You can have ambition *and* whatever-ever.

Ultimately, in my beliefs, we all walk our own path, and have our own life
purpose. If yours is to be ambitious, succeed in your chosen career, and
make *lots* of money, great. To be truly powerful you must have choices, so
you will only have power if you are truly choosing. If you are on your path
you will find things connect, and flow, even if there are huge obstacles to
overcome. For me, things just "feel right" when I'm doing what I need to be
doing - even though I'm still not totally aware of my life purpose.

I hope that provides some things for your process, even if it is not from
the teachings of Bardon. :)

Cheers,
Graeme

Main Index | Thread Index