RE: Earthly Ambitions

Message 02228 of 3835

Hello. "Averice" != "Ambition" . It is ambitious to desire to complete the IIH. COnsider that most would not even approach it.

To desire reflection of our own existance in the world around us via "admiration", "Affirmation", "accomplishment", etc. is not necessarily based in an EMPTY SHELL of lust and depraved grasping. Perhaps we can see the use of it and sense its value in its sphere and not necessarily be BLINDLY ATTACHED/ENSLAVED to it.

To wish to influence material (inner/outer) reality from within, is also the ambition to know oneself. It is not "Money" that "is the root of all evil" (... Evil is not the same as "Sin", btw). It is the LOVE of it. THere is a difference. The difference is within. The tangles become more subtle as you see through the first more crude ones. THe work is never ending.

Your desire to know your own limits within the culture as it understands success and power/influence is perhaps your desire to understand yourself with the cultural tools that are most easily available and recognised. (for the interest of babe's?.. is this the success marker?).

You probably note how certain members of the population, aside form their rational intellectualized understanding of the meaninglessness of their reactions to your possible "title" or "BIG MONEY", still EMOTIVELY REACT with interest to your ambition and what it MAY represent..people like DOERS. THey are attracted and allow themselves to be influenced by leaders who are action oriented.. its often more "sexy" to them. People want to feel like doers via association with doers. Its easier and often aides them to DO themselves.

THat may make it more sexy and interesting to you to accomplish b/c you desire to be 'seen' as that and be envied. bragging rights. It gets attention... makes you feel powerful and makes your horemones move in your blood stream. You feel alive. Its addictive. Blind addiciton may be your fear.

Perhaps the REAL key is understanding your relationship with your negative traits and determining what positive trait is trying to be materialized through the confusion that is the negative representation of it.

WHat is the "fear personality" of the "true source" of the attribute? If the negative trait was a skin covering a positive trait, what would the negative trait be guarding from harm or trying to usurp? Much like our personality covering our more refined self which must speak through it.THe personality desires to know itself as in control and MUST act this way when its on its own b/c it was designed to be active within this sphere of activity in materialisation. The guardian/servant may become the imprisoning master via its own ignorance and fear of death. Consider your specific traits as the same "cell group".

I suppose the question is.. if the negative trait was a guardian, what would it protect as well as imprison if all one could see was the guardian and not that which it guarded?

Have you ever tried to personify yourself (in meditiation) AS the traits SEPERATELY and reflect upon your own function? Reflect upon your own relation to the "guard" or what was being guarded?

As you probably noted, one of my 'demons' may be "Babble".. ;)

THank you.
:T: