EOM and "forgetting oneself"

Message 02243 of 3835

Dear all -

I have recently been able to achieve an EOM state (I think!)
although this entails me "forgetting myself". In this state no
thoughts pass through my mind at all. This feeling lasts for a few
moments (I think!) at which point I automatically "remember myself".
I then feel a jolt back to normal awareness. After the jolt, I
usually feel a surge of energy through me (maybe some of it related
to my excitement of having finally approached EOM :)) and it becomes
pretty difficult to calm the mind again, even to 1-pointedness.

I would note as an aside that this jolt is a little stronger than
the jolts I typically experience when I have tried mental wandering
in the past and my mental body reaches its limit from the physical
(and then snaps back into the physical, which I feel as a jolt).

So my question is three-fold. Firstly, am I doing things right?
Secondly, from others' experiences, am i actually achieving EOM?
Thirdly, if this EOM, what can I do to extend the time in this state
(since I do not know how to control when I "remember myself").

Apologies for not writing the clearest of posts but I find it REALLY
difficult to verbalise these experiences.

Thanks and kindest regards

Dan

Main Index | Thread Index