Re: Cold Showers

Message 02247 of 3835

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Collier"
<bencollier49@y...> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I've been taking the cold showers for 3 weeks, for approximately 3
> minutes each time, but have found myself with a constantly running
> nose the entire time, which isn't very nice.
>
> Is this normal?
>
> All the best
>
> Ben

Dear Ben,

Sounds like, just like myself, you are just quite sensitive to
changes in temperature. I would reccommend you to warm up your
showers just enough for them to stop causing your nose to run. After
a short while, once you feel that your body has adjusted to that
temperature, start *gradually* lowering it (not throughout one
shower, but from day to day) until you achieve an appropriate cold
temperature.
It is always better to start lifting weights with light objects and
slowly work up to heavy ones than to immediately start with heavy
ones - from personal experience (not with weight lifting :), the
second way is a lot slower, and the results are for more fragile.

Good luck!
Daniel

Main Index | Thread Index