Re: Re: Cold Showers

Message 02248 of 3835

Good advice there. I think the key there is to start out not with ice cold
water, but simply adjust the temperature of the water to a comfortable cool,
and then gradually week by week continue to adjust the temperature little by
little. In this manner you give your body time to gradually adjust over time.
What you will find by doing this is that at some point in the future very cold
water doesn't quite affect you in the same manner that it does now.

This is the manner in which I had to do this as very cold water on my back
would send me jumping through the roof...Lol. Now I can turn the cold up quite
a bit and it's not quite as bad as it use to be.

In Light,
Ron

Daniel Gutmanas <noxerus@...> wrote:
--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Collier"
<bencollier49@y...> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I've been taking the cold showers for 3 weeks, for approximately 3
> minutes each time, but have found myself with a constantly running
> nose the entire time, which isn't very nice.
>
> Is this normal?
>
> All the best
>
> Ben

Dear Ben,

Sounds like, just like myself, you are just quite sensitive to
changes in temperature. I would reccommend you to warm up your
showers just enough for them to stop causing your nose to run. After
a short while, once you feel that your body has adjusted to that
temperature, start *gradually* lowering it (not throughout one
shower, but from day to day) until you achieve an appropriate cold
temperature.
It is always better to start lifting weights with light objects and
slowly work up to heavy ones than to immediately start with heavy
ones - from personal experience (not with weight lifting :), the
second way is a lot slower, and the results are for more fragile.

Good luck!
Daniel

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
Click Here