Counting

Message 02262 of 3835

Dear Freinds,

I have a question about the second Step I exercise, which requires
us to concentrate on a particular train of thoughts for at least 10
mins.

>From the very beginning I found the exercise quite easy. I was
conentrating on the theory section of IIH or on some mundane issues
that interested me. Since it was easy I moved on to a very boring
(at least for me)topic - numbers. I did it to test my true
cocnetration abilities, as I thought to myself that thinking about
something interesting was not a big deal and I needed a challenge. I
tried to count and to concentrate on the counting, on the numbers
etc. I noticed, however, that with counting my concentration drifted
away very easily compared to the previously mentioned topics.
My conclusion is that my concentration abilities definitly need to
be improved and therefore it is too early to move to the EOM
exercise. BUT this only in case that "counting" can be classified as
a thought in the context of this exerice.
Would you consider it as one? Has anybody experience the same
problems?

Thanks,
David

Main Index | Thread Index