Re: Need More Energy

Message 02305 of 3835

Hi,

Yeah, when I first started doing "energy" stuff (before I started
IIH -- I was messing with my chakras a la Robert Bruce's NEW system),
I was astounded at how simple visualizations could cause me to feel
totally drained. Then I read his disclaimer about how you should
build up slowly. Haha.

I agree with the analogy about treating it like you would physical
exercise: building up to it, not overloading or overexerting
yourself. I would add that, in my opinion, if there is any kind of
resistance to the exercise, a forced discipline works only up to a
point. After that point, it is more cost-effective to look at the
reasons for the resistance and to deal with that. I have run into a
lot of emotional resistance to doing the Step One exercises, and I've
found it worth my while to stop and look and work through these
issues rather than powering through as if I were in a competition.

Ideally, the exercises should be fulfilling. I think some struggle
is useful, but only up to a point. If the exercises are draining
you, there could be dietary or other physical reasons; you could be
straining too much physically; you could be overloading your
energetic body; or you could be fighting yourself overmuch on some
level. Or several or all of the above, or something else I haven't
thought of. :)

David

Main Index | Thread Index