Re: Need More Energy

Message 02306 of 3835

Dear David (dato1848),

With all these David's around, this is getting confusing! ;-)

Even though I am officially on vacation, I needed a discussion board
fix, so here I am, ever so briefly. :)

>> Since I have started practicing Bardon's exercises I feel more tired
during the day than before. Has anybody had the same experience? Do you
know any "energizing" exercies that could help me cope with the fatigue?
<<

At the beginning, fatigue is usually due to either a physical or an
emotional cause. The most common physical cause (related to beginning
the IIH exercises) is lack of sleep! ;-) Instead of shuffling our life
around and omitting something less important, many folks will take time
away from their sleep time. For example, getting up an hour earlier
than before but not going to bed an hour earlier to compensate. A
proper amount of sleep is important in the physical body's regulation of
energy.

If that's not the cause, then the most likely culprit is emotional
blockage of some sort. Tiredness is primarily an emotional state. For
example, you can feel tired but then something exciting happens and
you're suddenly energized. And conversely, you can feel full of energy
and then something depressing happens and you're suddenly exhausted.

Most emotional blockages and feelings of tiredness arise (in relation to
beginning IIH) because of the Soul Mirror and character transformation
work of Steps One through Three. As I wrote in my "Commentary Upon IIH:
Step One", during the period of constructing your Soul Mirror lists, you
should take very good care of yourself, physically and emotionally.
Introspection of this sort and of this depth is bound to stir up all
sorts of stuff, much of which you won't even be aware of at first.

One "trick" to avoiding this emotional fatigue is to apply the "thought
control" exercise technique of *detachment* and *observation*, instead
of involvement in each of the items you uncover through introspection.
Introspection is very much akin to that first mental exercise of Step
One in which you are merely "taking stock" of what *is*. You're
simultaneously detaching yourself from what you are observing. In other
words, you're not interacting *with* what you're observing. When you
apply this to introspection, you'll find it much less emotionally
disruptive and therefore, much less physically tiring. It also makes it
easier to penetrate much deeper into your psyche and "sweep out the dark
corners" as Bardon put it. :)

As far as "energizing exercises" goes, I want to caution you that if you
do as has been suggested and start the Step Three exercise of pore
breathing the Vital Energy, be very careful. Please note Bardon's
*exact* instructions. Namely, that you must *exhale the exact amount
you inhaled*. You do *not* want to hold on to the Vital Energy. All
you would want to do is fill your body with it and then release it back
to the universe. During the brief time it fills your body, your body
will draw from it whatever it needs. In other words, there's no need to
keep it in your body for extended amounts of time. In fact, this can be
harmful.

In general, I advise against jumping ahead to the Step Three energizing
exercise and suggest instead that you focus upon the *cause*. If you
rely upon energizing yourself too much, you develop a habit of avoiding
*causes*. Eventually, that catches up with you and it's rarely a
pleasant experience. :)

You might also want to consider devoting your work with the magic of
Air, Water and Food to this issue. For example, you could inhale the
ideation that your body's energy will be consistent throughout the day
and available when you need it.