RE: Eye bright concentration

Message 02345 of 3835

Hi,

Here is the 'correct' way of making a herbal infusion.

Standard Infusion

Boil 32 parts water, remove from heat, and steep one part(by weight)herb in
the water for
20-30 minutes. Strain, and pour sufficient water through the herb while it
is in the
strainer to return the volume of tea to 32 parts.

It is important to not let the tea stand for more than a day, and the tea
should be well strained. The eyes are rather delicate.

If anyone is interested, then here is how you make a herbal tincture.

You always use 50 grams of dried herb to a 750ml bottle of vodka. With some
herbs 50g will be a small handful, and with some you are going to stuff the
bottle. Remove enough vodka to accommodate the herb.
You then keep the vodka+herb for 14days at least. Bang the bottle 7 times in
the morning and 7 times in the evening. On a carpet works well and be
careful to not bang to hard:)
You can shake the bottle in between, and direct sunlight is important. The
sunlight at this stage will not cause damage to the herbs.
After the 14 days you can strain the herbs. This tincture should be kept in
a dark place in a glass bottle. The vodka bottle will work well. It can be
stored for years. 10 to 50 drops can be taken 3 times per day. 20 drops
should do. The drops should be placed under the tongue for a minute or 2 and
them swallowed. Dilute if it burns to much.
Remember to label the bottle and add the date.

Do not hesitate to contact me if anything is unclear. Maybe off list will be
better if it is going off topic.

Best Regards

Johan