Re: Application of Hermetic skills (Healing)

Message 02395 of 3835

Dear Rawn,

Thanks. Your comments clarifies things alot for me.

As an after thought, I once heard negative emotions compared to a bear. Very
quick, very powerful and very destructive. At least rage would be like that.
There are very subtle emotions that would not be so expressive, but in the long
run might be as destructive.

Robroy

Rawn Clark <rawnclark@...> wrote:
Dear Robroy,

>> It is difficult for me to understand how you associate auto-immune
disease with reluctance to be incarnate. Is this something that you
perceive intuitively to be correct or is it associated with ancient
teachings <<

It is what *I* perceive, regardless of teachings on the matter, ancient
or modern. :)

>> I wish you would elucidate more fully on this subject. Why is the
auto-immune system the target? <<

The auto-immune system isn't the "target" per se. Rather, it is one
area in which this astral-mental reluctance will manifest within the
physical body. Do you understand the difference here? Just as your
liver wasn't the "target" of your anger, but was where your anger
manifested in your physical body.

The immune system is supposed to protect our body from foreign organisms
that would otherwise harm us. With auto-immune disease, the immune
system sees the components of the body itself as being a foreign
substance. In other words, the immune system seeks to end the body's
life instead of preserve it.

>> It would be difficult for me to conceive of any physical
manifestation of imbalance to not include the emotional and mental
elements. However, it would be difficult to determine which came first.
<<

The question of which came first is irrelevant since they are, in
essence, inseparable. Thoughts affect emotions and vise a versa, and
both affect material substance (albeit, emotions affect material
substance more directly and more dramatically).

>> Ancient teachings make reference to the emotional body being the
major contributor to physical imbalance and thoughts having less
contribution than people might think. <<

This is a deceptive statement. Emotions have an immediate affect upon
the physical body because the are more akin (energetically) to material
substance than are (normal) thoughts. But the causal root of every
emotion is a complex of thoughts and patterns of thinking. Emotions do
not exist without thoughts and thinking -- they are (normally) the avenu
e by which thoughts impact the material substance of our physical
bodies. However, Hermetics teaches us that thoughts, given enough
conscious intention, can directly affect material substance without the
intermediary of emotion.

>> A reluctance to be incarnate certainly would involve the emotional
body in that one might be dissatisfied with their life and circumstances
and not know how to roll with the punches. I can see from that angle
how the auto-immune system would be affected. It puzzles me when I
think of how a particular emotion affects specific organs or systems. <<

An emotion manifests as a dense astral energy that is very close in type
to the energy that inhabits material substance. It is so close in type
that the affect upon material substance is almost immediate (and in some
cases, is immediate). This is especially true with the physical body.
For example, when you are embarrassed, you will *immediately* blush.
The "energy signatures" of specific emotions share an affinity with the
"energy signatures" of specific organs within the human body; or rather,
their energies are more similar than with the other energies that
manifest within the whole physical structure. For example, the
emotional energetic of anger is very similar to the physical energetic
of your liver. :) Therefore, your anger has a greater, more direct
affect upon your liver function than on the rest of your body. Although
this is not to say that anger has no affect elsewhere in your body as it
can also be destructive to your adrenals, blood pressure, etc.,
depending upon *how you manage your anger*.

>> We are so much in the habit of lying to ourselves through justifying
our inner contradictions, that we hardly ever desire to get at the root
cause of our problems. <<

Yes, it is the nature of the sub-conscious psyche (but not of the
consciously transformed psyche) to always protect the status quo, so to
speak. The habit of *not* confronting the truth of our inner self is
what keeps the psyche below our awareness or *sub-* conscious.

>> I would think that the major aim of all hermetic students would be to
learn how to control their passions and emotions and be happy with what
life has given them, and realize that true happiness comes from the
inside and does not come from outside events coinciding with one's
desires and wants. <<

Yes, and here is where the structure of training that Bardon presented
shines so brightly in my opinion. He focused *first* upon attaining the
astral Equilibrium. Without the astral Equilibrium (i.e., the
understanding of emotions and the mental discipline of them -- what you
are calling "control"), one fixates only (or at least, primarily) upon
the emotional significance of what one experiences instead of perceiving
its essential meaning. This leads to thinking some things are
significant when in fact they aren't, and vise a versa, to
underestimating or missing entirely the things that are the most
meaningful of all.

Yahoo! Groups Links