Expectations

Message 02410 of 3835

Dear friends,

In your opinion, do you think that reading about the results of a
certain exercise (not even specifically magic) and expecting them is
helpful to your practice? Detrimental? Irrelevant?

I have been thinking about it earlier, and I couldn't reach a
definite answer; on one hand, obviously one should know the expected
effects of whatever he is practicing, otherwise he is just stumbling
in the dark and can hurt himself. On the other hand, from my
experience, if I read about the expected results to an exercise I
expect them too, and desire to experience them myself as quickly as
possible (to verify them) - and for some reason I intuit that this
desire is actually very harmful to my progress.

Any thoughts on this?

Sincerely,
Daniel

Main Index | Thread Index