Re: Closed Eye Visualisations

Message 02409 of 3835

Dear "Crimson Tea Biscuit",

>> While I can visualize confidently and successfully with my eyes
open - I have quite a bit of difficulty visualizing with my eyes closed.
When I visualize something with my eyes closed, such as a banana - it
tends to appear quite vague and only part of it is in view, after a
little while it fades altogether. It appears correctly and accurately
when I have my eyes open. When performing closed eye visualizing, I have
tried duplicating the mental process that I perform with my eyes open -
but without much success. The images are simply not 'summoned up'
easily. <<

I don't know if this is the "answer" per se, but I'd like to offer this
as something for you to ponder. :) One difference between working with
eyes-open and eyes-closed is that with eyes-open you have some sort of
defining background upon which to project your visualization. In other
words, there's a surface which has depth, etc. With eyes-closed on the
other hand, there is no surface but only a depthless blackness. Your
brain therefore isn't able to say, for example, "okay, I will create
this visualization three feet in front of my face". It has no automatic
judgment of *where* to place the visualization.

Furthermore, in the eyes-closed visualization one doesn't *use* the eyes
in the same way that one does when eyes are open. It forces one to work
with the mental creativity alone, separate from normal sight.

Over all, I recommend that you keep working at it. :)