Re: Re: Application of Hermetic skills (Healing)

Message 02413 of 3835

Dear Johan,

>> I thank you for your kindness and great replies Rawn. You always
make me think:) <<

:) Oh good. The *only* reason I challenge anyone's statements here on
BardonPraxis is in order to encourage thinking! :) Developing our
powers of thinking, of discernment, analysis and introspection are
absolutely essential to our progress along the Hermetic path of
initiation. I cannot state the importance of this strongly enough!

My challenges are not meant as judgmentalistic pronouncements and I
always hope they are not taken that way. :) But at the same time, I do
recognize that my phrasing *can* be mistaken exactly that way and that
is a risk I take. I just wish that my tone of voice, rhythm of speech,
facial, hand and body gestures and innate humor could also be crammed
into these, ever so finite, typed words! ;-) I guess that only those
who know me personally can "hear and see" all that by reading my words.

>> Not many people would be able to see what the patients karma is. And
not all disease is due to karma. So what right do I have to go around
starting to guess about what is caused by karma, and what not. <<

My point is that *everything* that happens in our lives is due to karma.
Disease is karma shouting at us in the only voice we can hear in that
moment. :) And it is the point at which it is most important that the
karmic lesson is looked for and pursued, simply because it is Divine
Providence handing us an opportunity on a silver platter, so to speak.

I think perhaps you are defining "karma" as only the truly major things
that arise in life or only those issues that stretch back through past
incarnations. I think that is a very Western over-simplification (or
rather, a mis-simplification) of what karma really is. Each action
creates a consequence and karma, simply put, is our *responsibility* for
the consequences of each of our actions, no matter how small. We can
easily recognize the "negative karma" of our big goofs, but seldom do we
recognize the cumulative karma of all the small goofs or that of all the
positive, "right" actions we take.

A common cold for example, provides an opportunity to learn a lesson
about taking care of oneself, about getting the proper rest and about
managing stress. And the reason this lesson is presented in the form of
a cold is because of the accumulated "negative" karma of having ignored
our self-care, our stress management, etc. Having a cold (ideally)
*forces* the person to address these issues. Granted, we can obliterate
the symptoms of a cold by taking a remedy or simply ignore it, but
unless we learn and incorporate the karmic lesson of the cold, we will
remain susceptible to catching yet another cold. :)

>> I take it that you meant that Pranic Healing does not conform to
Universal Legality? I do not agree. The healer cannot interfere with the
patients karma. No amount of healing I do will cure a patient if his
illness is due to his karma that has not been worked out. <<

My point, specifically, is that manipulation of a patient's energy body
alone, does not address the whole of the patient. When only the symptom
of disease is affected, the patient misses an opportunity to learn the
karmic lesson *through* the experience of those symptoms. In effect,
the healer has robbed the patient of an opportunity to truly find
curation and the final resolution of the karmic issue at hand. This
means that the patient will have to learn the same karmic lesson by
other means or by recurrence of the disease. The "Lords of Karma"
demand that this process be repeated until the karmic lesson is learned.

In other words, *any* therapeutic practice that focuses exclusively on
just the elimination of symptoms and does not engage with resolving the
karmic lesson, does not conform with Legality. Furthermore, according
to the Law of Karma, the practice of such a modality incurs a
responsibility on the part of the practitioner for the consequences
inherent to postponing the natural fulfillment of the patient's karma.

This does not mean that Pranic Healing itself does not conform with
Legality -- it is only a technique and as a technique, its principles
are obviously based upon an awareness of Universal Legality. Where the
question of Legality arises is with its *practice*. Is the
*practitioner* helping the patient address the karmic lesson inherent to
disease, in addition to the Pranic treatment of their energy body? If
so, then Legality is satisfied, but if not, then karmic responsibility
is incurred.

>> And as a healer one discusses these issues with a patient. I talk to
the patient and try to determine the cause of the illness. It is
discussed that if certain changes are not made then the illness might
recur. I teach them about introspection and meditation etc. It is up to
the patient to then change and learn. <<

Well, there you go then! :) You are doing your best to conform with
Karmic Legality.

>> I must add that if I know what the problem is, and I know that the
patient is unwilling to learn and change, then I would consider
withholding treatment. I have recently had a case like that with family.
<<

The TMO-WG had a similar case, fairly early on in our work together. :)
We learned from working with this person that we were wasting our time
and their time. So now, unless a subject is willing to participate (to
whatever degree they are capable) we won't consider working with them.

>> What I meant was that if someone pays me to heal them, and I take the
money, then I have to do the healing. If they do not have the money and
they should ask for healing, then I have the choice to heal or not. It
is important that the patient not be burdened financially. I have no
problem to heal for free all the time. I put the same effort in every
healing session I do. <<

Thank you for clarifying that. :)

>> My point is that if I do not ask money, then the bank will repossess
my car, I could not buy fuel to go heal, and my son and I would die of
hunger:) I did not seek support for my view, or care if anyone wants to
pass judgment:) I just stated a point of view:) <<

Good. :) I think it's wise to be in touch will the real, gut-level
self-preservation issues of survival when it comes to charging other
people for things. If only a few corporate executives and politicians
had this baseline awareness, our world might be a more humane place.
;-)

>> Worrying about incurring karmic debt in this case would be like
worrying about incurring karmic debt every time one steps on an ant by
accident:) <<

;-) I bet most ants would disagree with your perspective!