Re: Application of Hermetic skills (Healing)

Message 02418 of 3835

> In other words, *any* therapeutic practice that focuses exclusively
> on just the elimination of symptoms and does not engage with
> resolving the karmic lesson, does not conform with Legality.
> Furthermore, according to the Law of Karma, the practice of such a
> modality incurs a responsibility on the part of the practitioner
> for the consequences inherent to postponing the natural fulfillment
> of the patient's karma.

Rawn,

Am I interpreting your statements correctly? I think you are saying
that any healing has to empower the patient, to make him/her an
active participant in the healing process; and as such, for true
healing, it's not the technique that matters so much as the depth to
which the practitioner helps the patient explore the issues and
responsibilities underlying the illness.

That reminds me of stories I've read/heard about Native healers, e.g.
a medicine man is asked to do a healing or journey and he sits there
for a while and looks for omens or smokes a pipe and asks the spirits
for guidance, and asks the patient why he wants to be healed, etc.

But what about "emergency healing"? Broken bones, slit wrists,
burns, acute chemical or radiation poisoning. Addressing symptoms
certainly is necessary at some levels. It seems to me that treating
these immediate needs should not place karmic debt on the
practitioner as long as he/she is only facilitating the integrity of
the body's natural healing process and not trying to take anything
away ... ?

Thanks,
David

Main Index | Thread Index