Healing and Karma (was Hermetic healing...)

Message 02414 of 3835

Dear Rawn,

We fear disease and fear witnessing another suffer, so
we tend to think
of illness and suffering as a negative things that must
be obliterated
as soon as possible and by whatever means available.
However, from a
perspective of Universal Legality, illness is a gift
that is meant to
teach us an important karmic lesson that we have not
been able to learn
in the absence of disease. A healer interferes with a
patient's karma
the moment they remove the symptoms of disease without
assuring that the
patient does indeed learn the lesson that the disease
was meant to teach
them. If the patient does not learn the karmic lesson
then what the
"healer" has done is taken away an opportunity for the
patient's growth.
That specific opportunity that the "healer" has taken
away was the most
appropriate way that was available for the patient to
learn their karmic
lesson. This means that the patient will still have to
learn that
lesson, either by other means or by a recurrence of the
same disease
that the "healer" has just treated.

---------------------------------------

I must say, at first that I do not come from an
hermetic root, at least not at this incarnation,
although many of the hermetic principles I have been
studing I have found similar to those I bring in my
heart.

I would like to point out my opinion on the matter,
concerning our "interference" with other people's karma.
I have heard time and time again people giving the
convenient excuse that they should do nothing to help
other people because it would interfere with their
karma, and therefore the "helper" would be creating a
karma debt for himself as well as complications for the
person being helped.
Although that is not the case with your work Rawn, I
think some of the principles here apply, so that is why
I took the liberty to answer this post.

I think, first of all, the whole matter is very simple
and resolved by 2 major conceptions.

First, to think that by *helping* we are interfering
with other persons karma, needs, spiritual development
and thus we are surplanting the divine providence and
Laws concerning that person is simply something out of
uncounscious arrogance and lazyness. Although we are
trully capable of channeling the divine energy into
creative applications, to think we can change a
person's path and the things that person has to deal
with during it existence and growth is to think us
equal to the ALL (although we are divine in essence and
capable of divine creation, we are not the ALL). Also,
that kind of thinking hides (in my opinion) the
unmistakable and confortable reasoning as to why we
shouldn't do anything about it and not intervine.

Second, and this I think is clear, since we are not the
ALL and although we can aquire a great deal and power
of clairvoyance to percieve one's conditions and needs,
simply because we are not the ALL it is silly to think
we can know *everything* concerning one's needs and
growth, and sufferings and karma. Also, we cannot
forget that everything acts, atracts each other and
happens according to the similarity in frequency of
vibration. Therefore, I believe that if the divine
providence has put someone in your way so you can help
her, then it is part of your responsability to help
her. Of course it will be according to you, your
counscious being and your stage in evolution to come to
terms with that realizations and do help her (we still
have free will after all). But that answers the
question. Even so if we remeber that many, many, many
people gives up loads of money for new suicidal
religions and don't do anything to sincerely help
others (by their own mind) with that money... different
beings operating in the same frequency attracts each
other... and if we also remember that, no matter what
we do have to go through there are many extra corporeal
beings helping us whenever our vibrating frequency
allows, even though our karma states that we must go
through a lot of situations (specially because we
attracted them to ourselves and only through them can
we grow up), that points out the fact that we should
help no matter what.

Rawn, as to your working group and your philosophy of
work, this is not really directed to you, exactly
because those considerations of yours are not meant as
excuse not to act... On the contrary you *are* acting.
Even so, the way I see the matter, and as I try to work
with it in my everyday life differ from yours in this
way.

Sorry if I rambled too much,

Best regards,
Decio