Re: Getting into the right state of mind

Message 02499 of 3835

Dear Peter,

While I haven't got the chance to read Questions & Answers yet, I am
using that method myself. I don't know whether Bardon suggested the
use of a spoken word or not, but I use a mental symbol in the same
concept, and it worked very well.

Of course, the word (or any other personal symbol you choose) has no
power of itself, but when repeatedly used during transition between
mindsets (or even states of consciousness) it becomes associated
with the change, and one of them brings the other along. The same
logic stands behind using a special room for Magical work, special
clothes, etc. The most important factor here is consistency, as
changing the symbol every now and then will prevent the
psychological binding from occuring.

After some time, or at least so it has been with me, the symbol
becomes completely unnecessary, as you learn to discern the
difference between the "special exercise mindset" and your regular
mindset, and understand how to switch between them at will.. I find
it difficult to express clearly in words.

Also, I personally believe it is important to do minor forms of the
exercises throughout the whole day. By doing that, one can learn how
to utilize his new tools all the time and in any situation, without
necessarily going through the preparation procedure.

I hope I've been of help! :)

Sincerely,
Daniel Gutmanas

Main Index | Thread Index