Re: Sequence of Step One exercises

Message 02544 of 3835

(snip)

> First, once we master the observation of thoughts (OOT) and move on
> thought control (TT), are we to *replace* OOT with TT? Or are we to
> add on the period of time it takes to do both exercises to our
> routine? Likewise, once TT is mastered, do we continue it daily
along
> with the Emptiness of Mind (EOM) exercise? When we reach Step two,
do
> we continue these exercises as well?

Most of the others I know replace OOT with TT, and then TT with EOM.
I personally plan on keeping all three up until I reach Step Two
(again), the better to strengthen my will with.

But, as with physical exercise, there comes a time when mental
exercise ceases to yield results; this is when you move on to
something more strenuous (that is, keeping EOM, ditching the rest and
moving on to Step Two).

> Also, regarding the impregnating breaths, once our desire is
realized,
> and we move on to a new one, do we start the exercise over at the 7
> breaths and add one breath each day until our new desire is
realized?

I never thought of that interpretation... I just keep going. When
Bardon said that eventually ten minutes in the morning and evening
will suffice, I figured that he meant to keep building up. Logically
speaking, it would make more sense to build up the ability to realize
your wishes in any case. The skill of impregnation is the same; each
wish is just a different concept, not a different skill.

> Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, I couldn't find it
if
> it has. I feel as if a new door has opened, after all this time of
> probably not really understanding the exercises.

I know the feeling. This will be the third time I've restarted the
work, and now that I have stripped away my delusions about the
material and myself I find it much easier to do the exercises.

Fortunately, we have all of these other nice people to help each
other out, right? =)

- Basim

Main Index | Thread Index