Re: Karma Kybalion - 2nd order equilibrium of emotions

Message 02625 of 3835

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Alter
<daniel_b_alter@y...> wrote:

> I am an air person. Actually I am VERY "airy" in
> nature. What I have found is that, whilst trying to
> become more stoic, I react less emotionally to
> negative situations, but this is coupled with an
> intellectual justification for my own stoicism. The
> danger here is that, once if these intellectual
> constructs are found to be false, it becomes harder to
> be stoic...

Dan, you certainly have a knack for raising interesting issues! :)
Here is my own perspective on occult techniques for emotion
management.

Method 1 (shamanic): Become aware of where your emotion seems to
reside in the body. Imagine it is a kind of Astral object that can be
independently manipulated by your Astral self. Use your Astral hands
(just imagining yourself doing this is sufficient) to reach inside of
your body, grasp the emotion and carefully draw it out of yourself.
Now throw it away. When you first try this technique you will feel a
kind of tingling sensation in the body where you are grappling with
your emotion. Once you throw it away it will (at first) generally
come right back. As you gain experience you will be able to throw the
emotion away and it stays away. Back here in the physical plane - low
and behold, the troubling emotion is gone.

Method 2 (quasi Hermetic): English is a poor language for describing
inner states but I'll do my best. In this technique you learn to
become "transparent" to your emotion. You let if flow around and
through you while your consciousness remains very still and does not
interact with the emotion. You still feel the emotion but in a more
abstract way. I call this "quasi Hermetic" because it is very similar
to the thought observation technique described in IIH. The emotion
flows through you, then away and then it is gone.

Each method has its advantages. I find the shamanic technique is most
effective for aggressive emotions such as anger. The quasi Hermetic
technique works best for passive emotions such as mild depression.

You might want to give each of these a trial run as alternatives to
intellectually based stoicism.

Sincerely, /RM/

Main Index | Thread Index