Re: Karma Kybalion - 2nd order equilibrium of emotions

Message 02621 of 3835

Dear Rawn and all,

> What the Kybalion's authors refer to here is a
> byproduct of what Bardon
> called the "astral Equilibrium". The technique
> involves the mental
> discipline of emotions in which one steps back from
> direct involvement
> with their emotions.

This agrees with some Kabbalists' assertion that
stoicism is a necessary character trait before one can
begin Kabbalistic work (see Aryeh Kaplan's book on
meditation and kabbalah).

The use of the Magic of Breath in Step 1 may be of
great use to assist in the development of the quality
of stoicism. However, where I have found difficulty is
in the elemental attributes of the manifestation of
stoicism in my character.

Let me illustrate:

I am an air person. Actually I am VERY "airy" in
nature. What I have found is that, whilst trying to
become more stoic, I react less emotionally to
negative situations, but this is coupled with an
intellectual justification for my own stoicism. The
danger here is that, once if these intellectual
constructs are found to be false, it becomes harder to
be stoic...

I have been trying to go back to basics and use the
Magic of Breath to become stoic in an equilibriated
way rather than in an elementally-biased way. I feel
that this should help me acheive both "first order"
and "second order" equilibrium (to use mathematical
terms) straight away.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? If so, what
other techniques have you been trying to reduce the
"second order" effects of astral equilibriating?

Kindest regards

Dan