Re: Feminine / Masculine Balance

Message 02635 of 3835

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Rawn Clark" <rawnclark@n...>
wrote:
> Dear RM,
>
> [text omitted]
>
> ;-) One thing that differentiates IIH from most of systems
of "magick"
> is the recognition that "the actual doing" of magic involves
meditation,
> introspection and the navigation of the levels of self-awareness.
It is
> what makes "summoning power, casting spells, and making things
happen
> out in the world" *magic* instead of just another ego trip.
>
> My best to you,
> :) Rawn Clark

My best to you too Rawn. Your response triggered a memory I would
like to share.

When I was younger and just beginning my esoteric studies I worried
about the (seemingly) important task of choosing a path for myself.
Should I strive to become a Hermetic mage? A Wiccan? A ceremonial
magician? Or should I abandon it all and join the Rotary club instead?

Around that time I had an amazingly vivid dream. Objects were somehow
crisper and clearer than I have ever seen them. The colors were
richer than those I see with my physical eyes.

I found myself standing in a small clearing in the midst of an
immense woodland. The breeze was soft and the air smelled like good
earth and growing things. The little clearing was covered in ferns
that reached up to my knees. It occurred to me that I shouldn't be
stepping on things; that I should be walking on a path. I looked
around to see if I could find one. As I was looking my gaze feel on a
mature and very pretty woman standing in the shade of tree. I asked
her, "Do you know where the path is?" She smiled and said, "Walk
where you will, and that will be your path."

At this point I took a notion that I was going to go on some sort of
nature hike. If I didn't stick to the path then I might miss
something important. So I asked the woman, "But how will I learn if I
don't walk on the path?" She smiled affectionately and said, "That is
the miracle of creation. You are completely free to choose where you
set your feet but no matter where you walk you will find the lessons
you need to learn."

So who knows why other people walk where they do? Some people study
magick to find wisdom. Lots do it to address the primordial goals of
sex, wealth, and status in the community. In my own case, I study
because I seek wonder in a world that seems overburdened with mundane
concerns.

There is an old saying that when the student is ready the teacher
will come. I think the teacher is Life and that She is always at the
student's side. When the student is ready he will (at last) notice
Her, standing there quietly, under a tree.

Sincerely, /RM/

Main Index | Thread Index