Re: Concentration,IIH to all

Message 02908 of 3835

Dear "setiamon",

>> I have been practicing raja yoga for about 10 years,not as steadily
as i should at times but generaly my meditation has focused on seed and
seedless meditation which is identical to bardons basic 1 pointed and
vacancy meditation, <<

The practice you have described below is *not* identical to Bardon's.
If you read Bardon's description of the second mental exercise of Step
One, known as "thought discipline", you will find that it is *not* a
visual image that you are to focus upon. This is not a visualization
exercise. Instead, you are to focus upon "a thought or a train of
thoughts". In other words, you are actively engaging the thinking mind;
whereas with the practice you describe you are essentially disengaging
the thinking mind while focusing upon a single image.

For a deeper understanding of these exercises you might find the
following link helpful:
http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Corresp-IIHPractice.html

>> P.S Should vacancy be practiced Simultanious as Concentration or only
after concentration is mastered? <<

As Bardon stated, the exercises are to be mastered sequentially and you
are to move on to the Vacancy of Mind only after you have mastered the
Thought Discipline.