Re: Bardonism and Mormonism

Message 02909 of 3835

Dan,

My parents were both Mormon's and I at one time studied it a great deal, but
have chose not to be a part of a religious body.

Yes Joseph Smith (the founder) did study Kabbalah and the Occult and did indeed
practice some of the ancient ceremonies.

When Joseph Smith was killed he had a Jupiter Seal & Square around his neck.

There is a book called "Early Mormonism and the Magical World View" by D
Michael Quinn that is very informative on Mormon/history.

The average (present) Mormon knows very little of what went on in the early
days of their Church.

Sincerely, Robert
rapid3robert2000@...

Greetings all,

Recently I read an article explaining the Hermetic influence on
Joseph Smith and Mormonism at http://gnosis.org/ahp.htm . I don't
have any personal experience with Mormonism, so I have a question for
anyone who does: how compatible is Bardonism and Mormonism? Do they
have similiar outlooks and practices?

Thanks,
Dan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor