Re: Empty mind again

Message 02927 of 3835

Dear Johannes,

>> I read through those papers but it is still a bit unclear to me. I
can shut down the trains and the labelling of observances but then the
pictures arise and distract instead. <<

As you pursue the emptiness of mind (EOM) exercise you will naturally
discover a sequence of different layers of "mind" or awareness. You
will need to penetrate each of these layers. The method is similar to
the first mental exercise in which you distanced your focus of awareness
from participating with the myriad of thoughts and images that flooded
the mind. In that exercise you observed them without participation and
in time, the myriad of thoughts and images slowed without your conscious
participation. Much the same thing occurs as you begin working with the
EOM except that here, you should already have mastered that ability to
distance yourself from the activity of the mind and should therefore be
able to focus your awareness upon just being, instead of doing. In
other words, with EOM your focus is not upon observing a mind filled
with thoughts and images; but rather, it's upon observing a mind devoid
of them. It is still observation / perception but here it is of an
*empty* mind. This is why mastery of the first two mental exercises of
Step One is so crucial to achieving EOM.

You might also find the first three Lessons of my "Self-Healing
Archaeous" audio series helpful in regard to understanding the structure
of awareness (i.e., the mental body).
http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Arch-Info.html