New guy with the usual dumb questions

Message 02932 of 3835

Hi everyone, I'm Jason Wingate, I'm new to all this, and I need some help
owing to contradictory ideas and terminologies about Bardon's work that I keep
encountering online. Maybe the problems stem from multiple translations of the
original text he wrote, but having set myself to truly understand the
theoretical section of IIH on a deep level I discovered some commentaries on it
by
its French translator, Alexandre Moryason, which seem to contradict Bardon -
or at least complicate him.

In his commentary, Moryason says that the planes from densest upward are: 0)
Physical, 1) Etheric Body, 2) Astral or Psychical Body, 3) Mental Body
(divided into lower or concrete mental and higher mental or Causal, Egoic body,
soul) (!!!?!?!), 4) The Buddhic Body, 5)The Atmic Body, 6) The Monad, 7) The
Primary Divine Spark: Adi.

Phew! All this learnedness is 'explanation through obfuscation' to me - and
thus accomplishes the precise opposite of what Bardon intended his work to do!

1stly, is this correct and what does it *mean*? I can tell that Moryason has
quite a leaning towards the Asian systems and the terms from 4 onward mean
nothing whatsoever to me, nor does Bardon mention them that I can discover.

2ndly, in the hope of integrating the terminologies of Taoist systems with
which I'm a bit familiar... is the 'etheric body', which I associate with what
Bardon calls the 'astral matrix' (holds our astral to our physical bodies)
the same as the system of routes and channels, the acupuncture meridians and
other more psychic energy orbits in the body, that the Taoists meditate upon?

3rdly, if the etheric plane is closer to ours than the astral why doesn't
Bardon mention it?

4thly and finally, I'm going to try and read every past post on this group
but this will take me approximately 100 days! So in the meanwhile, in an early
post Mr Clark mentioned that the mental sphere is the origin of magic. I was
wondering if this could be expanded upon a little? Is it a question of its
being the place of imagination? I think I understand this on an intuitive level
but cannot quite express it well...

Many thanks to everyone for bearing with me! I hope to be less of a nuisance
hereafter.... best wishes, Jason. And PS thanks to everyone from God
downwards who made Bardon's books possible.