Re: New guy with the usual dumb questions

Message 02936 of 3835

Dear Jason,

>> 1stly, is this correct and what does it *mean*? I can tell that
Moryason has quite a leaning towards the Asian systems and the terms
from 4 onward mean nothing whatsoever to me, nor does Bardon mention
them that I can discover. <<

I suggest that you ignore Moryason's comments if they don't help you
understand Bardon. :) He does not present an *Hermetic* division of
"levels" and I think his comments were meant to aid those who already
understood the labels he uses, comprehend the Hermetic labels that they
perhaps would not immediately understand. At any rate, if they confuse
*you*, then focus instead upon Bardon's own words.

>> 2ndly, in the hope of integrating the terminologies of Taoist systems
with which I'm a bit familiar... is the 'etheric body', which I
associate with what Bardon calls the 'astral matrix' (holds our astral
to our physical bodies) the same as the system of routes and channels,
the acupuncture meridians and other more psychic energy orbits in the
body, that the Taoists meditate upon?
3rdly, if the etheric plane is closer to ours than the astral why
doesn't Bardon mention it? <<

"Etheric" is one of those words that seems to take on new meaning
depending upon who's mouth it comes out of. What exactly do *you* mean
by "etheric"?

If you mean the energy body that many perceive as an aura, then this is
an aspect of the *physical* realm and is composed of *physical* energy,
albeit a very rarified form of physical energy. These are the currents
of energy which run around inside and outside the physical body. This
is not the *astral* matrix, but rather, the *physical* matrix which
adheres to the astral matrix. This energy often appears to be
more-than-physical because it exists at such a rarified physical state
that it most immediately susceptible to, and affected by, astral and
mental influence. From an Hermetic perspective this is considered an
aspect of the physical body.

>> 4thly and finally, I'm going to try and read every past post on this
group
but this will take me approximately 100 days! <<

;-) You might want to check out
http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Corresp-Links.html where I've posted
some of the juiciest ones! ;-)

>> So in the meanwhile, in an early post Mr Clark mentioned that the
mental sphere is the origin of magic. I was wondering if this could be
expanded upon a little? Is it a question of its being the place of
imagination? I think I understand this on an intuitive level but cannot
quite express it well... <<

I think what I said was that all magical acts are directed by the
magician's mental body or conscious awareness. This is why mental
discipline is so utterly essential.