Reasons for evoking a particular spirit

Message 02955 of 3835

Dear group...well...really Rawn specifically, but anyways,

Alright, advanced question time. Rawn has already gone over the
reasons for performing evocation in previous correspondences, but
no-one has ever really gone over why one should evoke one particular
entity over another. For when Bardon speaks of the Book of Magical
Formulae the first item that he places in the forefront is 1. Purpose
of the operation. Should the purpose be just to evoke the being? Learn
what it has to say, to teach you? To have a sense of communion with
something that is outside the normal realm of human consciousness in
an attempt to expand one's own consciousness so that it can garner a
better understanding of the divine? Or should it be to have the spirit
perform a specific task? Something that should, most likely be
practiced once a good rapport has been made with that particular
spirit.

Bardon states, "When the magician has become sufficiently acquainted
with the zone girdling the earth, so that he has contacts with some of
its heads, especially the masters of magic, he may start trying to get
into contact with intelligences of the Moon sphere." How many spirits
should one come in contact with to become "sufficently acquainted with
the zone girdling the earth"? I know that in some areas of PME Bardon
seems to imply that to master the sphere one needs to evoke quite a
number, if not all of the heads of that particular sphere. Which
sometimes boggles my mind given the number of spirits that Bardon
lists throughout PME. If he was in personal contact with each of these
spirits...even over the course of many years it would almost seem as
if he would be performing an evocation or more every day over the
course of at several years. Personally when I work an evocation, I
often feel physically drained, and usually quite hungry afterwords. In
contrast to this sense of physical fatigue there is an extreme sense
of peace and exhileration upon the astral and mental bodies...

Love and Live well,
Peter Reist

Main Index | Thread Index