Re: Strange...

Message 03019 of 3835

Hi Richard -

>>> I don't think the intention behind the silence pillar is to avoid
all discussion.
After all, the training is in print, it's not exactly hidden from the
world.
You're right of course. But there still seems to be something stopping me
from talking too much.

Perhaps it's this... When I do the soul-mirror I'm only writing what in a
sense I already knew. None of the things I write is really news to me! Well
then, I feel that the same is true for everyone - if they only stopped and
looked they would find the problem. But it might insult someone very much to
say
that to them! I'm no authority, after all, and my borrowed authority is
borrowed from a training they aren't involved with.

I can tell people that this has helped me, but they'll nod and smile. The
implication that it might be good for them starts to feel like *me* wanting to
change them and that's just not gonna work. So I end up keeping my mouth
completely shut about it, and when people talk about their problems I feel
uncomfortable, like I could speak but shouldn't....

>>> Hermeticism has existed as an 'academic' discipline since the study of
Ancient Egyptian history and beyond. There are degree disciplines in
Europe that study the Hermetic current and its influence within society.
There are ways to introduce it into conversation without any raised
eyebrows ;-)

That's true, but even that I'm not comfortable with. Maybe it's just I'm not
comfortable at all, and nothing to do with the practice? Another one for the
negative mirror if so!

>> Beyond that, I reckon the 'Silence' aspect has a lot to do with your own

'practice', especially the further you progress, and avoiding the
feeling that
you're somehow better than others.

Yes yes this I'm sure you're right about.

>>> Further on, its about showing you're
able to be responsible with such knowledge. And obviously, as Rawn
mentioned elsewhere, ensuring your pursuit of Bardon isn't for the
purpose of a 'talking point', and is for the right reasons.

again yes. This is something I might have to work on! I'm at Step 1, not
Step 2....

>>> One can also think of the silence as an inner quality, with very little
to do with the act of 'talking', beyond the obvious points made.
So much of Bardon relies upon reaching, sustaining and deepening
the Emptiness of Mind. Is this not silence?

That is beautiful and I will think about it. Thanks, Jason