Re: Re: Another question...

Message 03029 of 3835

Dear Jason and 'antiloop1111',

>> There's something I'm not clear about. If you draw alot of one
element to
yourself, don't you somehow create an imbalance of it somewhere else?
Where does it come from? Is it an infinite supply? <<

As William has accurately stated, the Elements are qualities and
therefore cannot be depleted through their accumulation. In other
words, you are not accumulating a physically quantitative substance.
Instead, you are accumulating a quality *whose effects are
quantifiable*. It is the *effects* of the Elements that are
quantifiable. This is why an accumulation of 3 inhalations of an
Element will produce a smaller quantifiable effect than one of 30
inhalations.

William wrote:
>> Quantity applies only to manifestation (things like matter and
energy) and elemental force is clearly prior to manifestation, as is an
metaphysical principle: as such it is not quantitative, and cannot be
depleted. <<

I think the point of confusion here is that while a magician accumulates
the *quality* of an Element, s/he thereby produces a *quantifiable
effect*. Take for example the first exercises with the Elements in Step
Three. The first step is to creatively imagine the *qualities* of the
Element as if those qualities filled the entire universe surrounding
you. The second step is to begin inhaling these qualities into your
body so that you experience their very quantifiable effect upon your
body. It is the accumulated *quality* of the Element that directly
produces the experiential *quantity* of an accumulation. But this
*quantity* does not come into existence until the accumulation. Which
is to say, not until the *quality* of the Element has become materially
manifest.

Antiloop1111 wrote:
>> To me the answer might be closer to something along the lines of the
accumulation of an element is but a dislocation of it from one area to
another. <<

No. It is the *transformation* of a quality into a quantity, or of a
principle into a material effect. Consciousness has the power to cause
such a transformation of a principle into a manifest effect by focusing
itself invensively upon the quality within whatever realm of density
(mental, astral and/or physical) and thereby accumulating the quality to
such a degree that the materia of that realm is affected by it. This
effect, once generated, is transferable through projection and can be
induced separate from one's own self through the transference of
consciousness.

>> So if all physical matter is composed of 4 elements and you were to
absorb one of the 4 elements from any one piece of matter, would it
desintegrate? (because it needs all 4 elements to remain physically
manifested?), or simply acquire what is being transfered out from some
other material source automatically and thus never be depleated or
desintegrate? (e.g. Air?) <<

Matter *adheres to* the *qualities* of the Elements that compose it.
Those *qualities* are inexhaustible and are quantifiable (i.e., finite)
*only* in their material effect. In other words, their *effect upon*
material substance is quantifiable and we can say that a *thing*
"contains" more of one Element than another. So, if you were to try to
"absorb one of the 4 elements from any one piece of matter", you would
be absorbing the *quality* of the Element, *not* its quantifiable
effect. In other words, you would absorb nothing *from* the material
object itself.

>> Also, if the vaccum of space is a physical manifestation of sorts,
but one which is not supposedly made up of matter, do the four elements
still prevade there? <<

Yes, of course. The Elements *are* the qualities of consciousness.
*Everything* is an aspect of consciousness.

>> How many elements are required to make up the various energy types?
<<

Four Elements plus the Akasha.