Re: Another Eight Temples question

Message 03054 of 3835

Dear David,

I would suggest primarily focusing your attention on the Mulkuth
temple at the present moment. In particular the tunnell that
leads up to the temple proper. Along this path you have a number
of places to pause and stabilize your sensualization (the term
visualization doesn't do this sort of practice justice, IMO).
When you pull back the curtian with the sepherothic crystal on
it *feel* the textrue of the cloth, *hear* the rustling sound as
the fabric rubs against itself and the stone wall. As you walk
down the path *listen* to the sound of your footsteps echoing up
and down the corridor and the *feel* of the dirt and stone
beneath your feet. Notice how the sound of your footsteps
changes when you reach the marble steps leading up to the
temple. When you get to one of the two torches, *observe* how
the fire flickers and casts shadows against the wall, *listen*
to the crackling of the flame, *smell* the smoke rising up from
the flame and *feel* the heat that is radiated outwards from the
fire.

Take your time, experience and enjoy the temples. Sometimes just
sitting in the middle of the temple, meditating upon the
appropriate number from the pattern on the trestleboard
meditation while soaking in the ambiance of the temple itself
can produce some lovely effects.

Love and Live well,
Peter Reist

David Yeh writes:

> Broadly, I find that my ability to visualize steadily isn't very
> good -- my mind jumps around, gets distracted, does quirky things
> like viewing a scene from different angles a la movie cameras; I
> can't remember all the Hebrew at once, etc. My meditations don't go
> for an hour as Rawn hints at in the book, they're more like half an
> hour. Is there more value to waiting to do these meditations until
> my mind is better trained (i.e. past Step One), or are the details
> and the timing of the meditations less important than the intent?
>

> Thanks,
>
> David
Free POP3 Email from www.Gawab.com
Sign up NOW and get your account @gawab.com!!