Buddhist / Bardon

Message 03179 of 3835

Hi,
I've practiced Buddhist meditation on and off for quite a while,
but only became serious about it at the beginning of this year. When
I started Bardon's IIH, I quit my daily zazen, replacing it
with "Thought Control". After a few weeks, I felt as though I had
not meditated in a very long time: I was not at all mindful, I was
easily distracted, and I reacted to situations (without conscious
thought). I am by no means saying that one teaching is superior than
the other, but simply asking if it is possible that a Buddhist
practice is more for me. Also, could the mental exercises of Step 1
be replaced by a one-pointed meditation (on the breath), simply
reaching the same goal by using a different means; my first reaction
to reading Step 1 was that it sounded a lot like the phases one goes
through when beginning meditation. If not, then I would like to
incorporate it with my Bardonic practice, maybe before or after
practice, or completely separately (any suggestions on this one?).
Any insights will be very appreciated.

Namaste,

Derrick

Main Index | Thread Index