Re: Re: success with Bardon's system

Message 03241 of 3835

Dear Ardeshir,

>> I see. From reading IIH and Frabato the Magician, Hermeticism is not
about intellectual knowledge, book learning or a science of facts, like
modern science, but about development. <<

Hermetic *initiation* -- as opposed to the intellectual Hermetic
*Philosophy* -- is indeed about developing one's own faculties of
perception. It's *not* about relying upon what others tell you or what
a book tells you, etc. It's about discovering, exploring and perceiving
for *yourself*.

This does result in the development of personal intellectual knowledge
but it is knowledge founded upon experiential understanding, not upon
book learning.

Many throughout human history, have passed along the understanding of
things they gained through their own pursuit of Hermetic *initiation*
either orally or in writing. In fact, what we call "modern science" and
"religion" are the children of such personal discoveries.