Re: success with Bardon's system

Message 03243 of 3835

Dear Rawn,

Bardon mentioned that there was a difference between knowledge
gained from reading or of studying transferred knowledge and
knowledge gained from experience, and that only the second type was
true possessed knowledge eventhough both are factually accurate.

I'm interested to know the history of magic and of real human
history (Bardon claims that Atlantis was real and there is a much
older human history.) but I don't know if there are many good
sources out there and I really wouldn't know which are the accurate
sources and which aren't.

Ardeshir

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Rawn Clark" <rawnclark@n...>
wrote:
> Dear Ardeshir,
>
> >> I see. From reading IIH and Frabato the Magician, Hermeticism
is not
> about intellectual knowledge, book learning or a science of facts,
like
> modern science, but about development. <<
>
> Hermetic *initiation* -- as opposed to the intellectual Hermetic
> *Philosophy* -- is indeed about developing one's own faculties of
> perception. It's *not* about relying upon what others tell you or
what
> a book tells you, etc. It's about discovering, exploring and
perceiving
> for *yourself*.
>
> This does result in the development of personal intellectual
knowledge
> but it is knowledge founded upon experiential understanding, not
upon
> book learning.
>
> Many throughout human history, have passed along the understanding
of
> things they gained through their own pursuit of Hermetic
*initiation*