Re: vom rephrased..

Message 03288 of 3835

Dear Tim,

>> My last post was a bit manic I'm afraid, so I thought I'd compress it
a little. <<

Even so, I'll still answer them both anyway. :)

>> I found the last few posts interesting, as I have similarly felt a
VOM during previous meditations practises. I have no thoughts and the
longer I stay within it the more 'at-one' I feel. It also seems to make
everything a lot more clear, like my sight and my head and body feel
lighter. I have been persuing this for quite some time before I came
across Bardons work. <<
>> I have tried this for some time with thoughts occuring still but with
my focus on VOM the thoughts only occur when neccessary, mainly from
outside of myself, and although it may be unrelated, it seems to amplify
synchronicity, ie lots of coincidences occur. <<

As I explained in my Self-Healing Archaeous audio Lessons, VoM occurs
when your awareness is focused exclusively within the Fire region of
your temporal mental body. Which is to say, when your awareness is
focused exclusively upon *perception*. By exclusively, I mean that you
have excluded thinking (the Air region of the temporal mental body),
feeling (the Water region of the temporal mental body), and physical
sensing (the Earth region of the temporal mental body) from your
conscious awareness and are focused only upon *perception* without these
additional layers of *interpretation*.

When this occurs, your conscious awareness is in absolute sync with the
objective universe, with the NOW. It is the *temporal* state of BEing
without DOing. It is therefore no wonder that you are left feeling as
if it "seems to make everything a lot more clear, like my sight and my
head and body feel lighter". :)

>> My questions are basically what is the difference between thought and
no-thought, ie how are they related? Are they like two paths one leading
to a centered state, and the other through the myriad branches of
thought to the circumfrence of the centered state? Is one way better
than the other? <<

Both are aspects of *awareness*, one perceptual and one interpretive.
Thinking is the purview of the Air region of the temporal mental body
and perceiving is the purview of the Fire region. Thinking is the first
stage of interpreting, personalizing and processing the perceptions of
the Fire region. Without thinking, these perceptions cannot be
integrated into the personality or day-to-day awareness. Neither can be
said to be *more* nor *less* important than the other.

>> Is it possible to live more and more through VOM? <<

It is possible to integrate VoM into your life more and more, but living
requires thinking, feeling and doing in addition to perceiving.

>> I tend to get a mild pressure between my eyes (third eye area) during
the VOM, after the exercise it dissapears and it feels the opposite,
light and clear, but it is not as bad as it used to be. Could this be an
imbalance of some sort? <<

It is more likely that you are furrowing your brow during heavy
concentration.

>> I was slightly suprised but as alcohol is firey it may partially
explain why it affected visuisation? <<

The primary reason is that alcohol defeats your inhibitions. It is
amazing how much we tell ourselves we cannot do! Alcohol over-rides
that internal programming.

>> What is the Will in your personal experience Rawn? (Bardon says it's
an essential aspect of the spirit..mmm) <<

It is an aspect of the Life Force itself, regardless of what level of
"will" you speak of. Even within VoM there is will -- the will to
continue perceiving, to keep BEing. I recommend that you spend some
time in deep meditation on this subject. :)

>> My experience of no-mind has cleared out my head, and let me see
things from a centred point of view, but in your opinion are the steps 1
and 2 of level 1 just as important as vom? (I think I know what you will
say!) <<

Yes, absolutely!!!