Re: IIH Step 1 Spiritual

Message 03299 of 3835

Dear Jeromy,

>> What specifically is a thought or train of thoughts? I had believed
that a
visualization was a thought. <<

Focusing upon an image uses a different mental muscle than focusing upon
a thought. For example, it is very easy to keep the image of an apple
in your mind while simultaneously thinking of something else entirely.
The Step One exercise however, is about disciplining your *thoughts* so
focusing on an *image* won't suffice since it is not directly managing
your thoughts.

>> There is plenty of room open for personal interpretation, but what
would benefit me best? You mentioned something from the theory section.
So, would it be appropriate to meditate upon something like the
attributes of the Fire element? Or the properties of magnet fluid or
the properties of electro fluid? <<

When focusing upon a single thought, your mind should stick to *just*
that specific thought, such as the meaning of the Fire Element. And when
focusing upon a *train* of thoughts, you must open your focus ever so
slightly so that a variety of *related* thoughts can arise. Even though
you have opened your focus slightly, you must still be sure to keep the
thoughts relevant to your core focus and not stray too far away from it.

Aside from the theory section it is also very wise to pick items from
your Soul Mirror lists to focus upon in this form of meditation.