Re: Re: A minor soul mirror question

Message 03321 of 3835

OK Chuck -

>>About all I got from your own personal experience in that
description was that through meditation you actually ascertain
the 'movement' 'motion' of the four elements<<

Well yeah! You said it right there... I'll try to be more concrete...

Suppose I were very eager and enthusiastic to communicate something to you.
(Eager/enthusiastic=fire, *Positive* fire!). Then suppose I tried to
communicate it over and over again, but you didn't get it and I got frustrated,
angry, and finally flew at you with a pair of daggers and squelched your
eyeballs.
Positive fire turning to negative fire! It's that simple, I mean there's
nothing esoteric about it. At that point if I have no water to fall back on I
lose my rag. Luckily for us all I have neither your address nor a lack of
patience (water) and thus am not angry at all! (So please please don't worry
about
that!)

So you find there must be a balance. Then you wonder why. Then you think,
this is supposed to work for everything. Take a look around! In your private
meditations of the Thought Discipline kind, you can think about *why* fire and
water might balance each other. It's no good asking me for my experiences
'cause they have to be yours. That's like asking for my soul mirror man, it
isn't
done! You can go out and use your life as a playground to see if you're
right, by remaining aware during the day - that's the other half of thought
discipline, and all it means to me is 'try to be the kind of person upon whom
nothing is lost'. (That's a quote but I can't remember the author, sorry!).

BTW I'm a writer too and you can analyse stories with the Tetragrammaton as
a key also. If you want to know people's experiences there's alot of books to
go with. I mean start with Shakespeare! He's good because he wrote about
nothing but love, but yet there's no happy marriage in Shakespeare (unless you
are cynical and count the Macbeths!). So why? I mean every real work of art is
like a soul mirror, you can practice on other people's mirrors that. You can
come up with a picture of what he was like, what his characters were like...
it always works.

Then there's air and earth to think about. They balance each other too, but
there's that tricky thing of seeing why earth is also said to be made of the
interaction between the other 3 elements. I mean, what *are* all these funny
old dudes like Franz and Rawn going on about? But you know they know way more
than you so why not try to see how it applies? Again you can see it
happening when you stop to think about it, but obviously it has to be you doing
the
thinking! Don't worry, it'll all start to clear if you just hammer at it every
now and then. I wasn't really talking about experiences unique to myself, we
all have 'em, that's why they say the key is universal! I was trying to pick
stuff anyone could relate to.

One thing I would state, which Bardon didn't although I believe he might
have agreed, and that is that: Akasha is love. The other four elements could be
said also to be just love, or maybe 'the ways in which love happens'. I also
think that the negative side is best said as fear of love rather than hate.
Just to throw that in there.

I mean you don't need any more from me! If I can do this anyone can, and
that's a fact. Just go back to step 1, that's all I've been using - plus
astrology, psychology, writing, music, I Ching, Enneagram, whatever, but the
theory
section of IIH + Step 1 is the thing that makes all the other stuff make
sense for me, it's the beginning and end, the royal road, it just has obvious
righteousness. I don't worry these days if I never will get to step 2, I mean
it! The point is not literally what step you're on, it's just to feel you're
actually *getting* somewhere. You can be damn sure I'm not leaving step 1 my
whole life anyhow, but I'm not even touching step 2 until I know there's no way
I could possibly not have intrinsically completely mastered the whole shit
out of step 1, pardon my language but there it is. I don't want to wobble
through on training wheels here!

deep bow/love/keeping daggers on hand just in case!/[grin]Jason

PS You can bet that, with his inimitably frank brand of bottomless kindness
and patience, Rawn is pissing himself laughing at the pair of us right now! I
know I am anyway!