Preliminaries

Message 03371 of 3835

Greetings all

>get free access to all those sources even in some way * before *
beginning with the first Bardons exercises.

This seems to be a right time to write a post I have meant write to for a
long time.

As to what is needed before actually starting the exercises, that seems to
be a question about where the "beginning" is. Rawn writes that Bardon´s
system starts at the beginning, but that´s Rawn ;-)

In music, if you are to play a difficult piece, like a Chopin etude for
example, you will probably do many preliminary exercises before starting
out on the piece itself.

For me "beginning" is very much about *work motivation*. I have had a
longer break in my Bardon work now. I discovered that I was going "through
the motions", making the exercises as if... my mother wanted me to do them
;-) Out of some kind of obligation. (Strange.) Which of course it not good
enough, not strong enough,

It seems quite easy to do the exercises for a while with that kind of weak
"outer" motivation. As if you are kind to somebody, somebody else.

There seems to be needed a collecting of oneself, realising that without
actual work you will not really develop, not really change.

So I guess one would need to WANT to change and develop quite a lot. If,
down deep inside, you are actually content with your life, why try to
change and aquire new talents and "muscles"? I keep asking this of myself.

I have found that the book Concentration by Mouni Sadhu addresses these
questions very well. Half the book is about "collecting" yourself BEFORE
actually starting any exercises.

It seems that if there´s ONE quality that is central here, it would be
ruthless honesty: How much do I really want it? How much am I prepared to
pay for it?

Stu

Main Index | Thread Index