Re: Preliminaries

Message 03373 of 3835

Rawn,
Stu said,
>> How much do I really want it? How much am I prepared
> pay for it? <<

and you said

> The other side of that coin is: How unsatisfied with my present-self am
> I? How much am I prepared to gain from pursuing this work? And the
> metal that coin is made from is fear of change . . .

I am not very sure what that last sentence means .If i understand what
you are saying correctly,fear of change prevents the practitioner from
accepting the potential "gain" from the practice ? Is that waht you
intended to say?

hmmm somehow i feel i am missing what is being said here .From my own
experience , I find that one part of my peronality is quite happy with
what i am (in spite of a really TERRIBLY long list of "black mirror"
items ) and it s only a comparitively weak "logical" part of my mind
that insists on "getting better" .I mean, i find it is more
complacency and laziness than fear of change .
And since the "crafting" of the personality begins in step two , i
still need to get past step one .(though once i typed it out that
sounds a weaselly excuse to me !!)

Maybe laziness is just concealed fear .Something to think about anyway .

As always thanks for these lovely insights.You, Rawn are a treasure!!
God Bless,
NKKA

Main Index | Thread Index