Re: Preliminaries

Message 03374 of 3835

Fear of change, that is it. As I work through all of this, that remains
thecentral issue. It is not the change itself, but not having any idea what
Imight change into. When I study music or art I hope to become an accomplished
musician or artist.With this I am less clear about the end results. I only know
that I am lead to pursue the work. I would like understand how others deal with
having such a unique view of the world. At times I find the isolation
distracting.

Rawn Clark <rawnclark@...> wrote:Dear Stu,

Nice to e-hear from you on the BardonPraxis. :)

>> As to what is needed before actually starting the exercises, that
seems to be a question about where the "beginning" is. Rawn writes that
Bardon´s system starts at the beginning, but that´s Rawn ;-) <<

;-) ;-) No, it's not just *me*, it's *you* too . . .

You started the exercises, got a certain ways, and then backed off.
During the time you backed off, IIH never left you. It, and the work
you did do, continued to affect you. Eventually, that continuous effect
instigated sufficient changes within you and here you are, back to the
exercises again. :)

*That* *is* how one begins. Most of us have a similar experience with
IIH, where we begin, back off, mature and restart afresh. *That* is
*part of* the *process* of IIH.

This is what I mean by saying that IIH starts at *the* beginning.

>> In music, if you are to play a difficult piece, like a Chopin etude
for example, you will probably do many preliminary exercises before
starting out on the piece itself. <<

Ah, but *beginning* one's initiation is not equivalent to playing a
Chopin etude. Beginning initiation (i.e, Step One) is akin to first
learning what a piano *is* and what it is capable of doing.

>> It seems that if there´s ONE quality that is central here, it would
be
ruthless honesty: How much do I really want it? How much am I prepared
pay for it? <<

The other side of that coin is: How unsatisfied with my present-self am
I? How much am I prepared to gain from pursuing this work? And the
metal that coin is made from is fear of change . . .

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT