Re: Re: Preliminaries

Message 03375 of 3835

Dear NKKA and Tami,

>> I am not very sure what that last sentence means .If i understand
what you are saying correctly, fear of change prevents the practitioner
from accepting the potential "gain" from the practice ? Is that waht
you intended to say? <<

Yes.

Change is a Universal Force. It is omnipresent and omnipotent. *Every*
*thing* changes. All *forms* are temporary, only the essence of form is
eternal, thus *forms* are in a *constant* state of flux.

The Universal Force of Change is positive -- unless it is opposed, in
which case, it is *experienced* as negative. But even if it is
*experienced* as negative, it is ultimately positive.

Most human culture instills within us the desire for everything to stay
the same, or at least close to the same. We equate the familiarity of
sameness with *safety* and *comfort*. We know our way around sameness
and we feel powerful because of it.

Change threatens the safety of sameness and makes us feel less powerful,
so we instinctively shy away from it, deny it, ignore it and in every
way try to retain our safe sameness. By doing so, we set ourselves up
to *experience* the positive Universal Force of Change as a negative,
threatening thing that disrupts our safe sameness. When we fight
against change, we *experience* it as a negative force; and since it is
omnipotent and we are no match against it, we feel less and less
powerful.

We come to *fear* change. And this prohibits us from *experiencing* the
*positive* Universal Force of Change.

The *positive* Force of Change, when unleashed, is an amazingly
transformative and freeing gift from a Divine Providence! We unleash
this positive Force in our lives by *embracing* change. Only then do we
recognize/inherit our true power to consciously transform ourselves.
Only then can we *participate* in that omnipotence and *guide* our
changes.

But when we fight against Change and deny it its due, we become
powerless and ever afraid.