Re: First 3 steps- questions-experience-clarification

Message 03395 of 3835

Grins... If you had a Zen master he would whap you up the back of
the head and say; that didn't happen.

It's something about where your mind is at these certain places in
the exercises.

Try this;

Think this, with your eyes closed...

I am cold,
I am hot,
I am cold,
I am hot,
I am cold,
I am neither.

And sit and feel that "I am neither."

--------------------------
As I mentioned before, the process of chopping down each thought at
it's origination point actually brings you to a very curious
place/space. Suddenly, after a successful session of chopping down
thoughts at their roots you are left with thoughts 'about' to
present themselves, and you will see 'where' they are coming from
within you. This may amuse you when you find it. It may set you off
wondering other things. It is always profitable to find this space.

Or... you could go on endlessly using your mind to construct another
turn in the never ending labyrinth of intrigue and detail that your
mind is able to conjure to block you from continuing to do any of
the actual exercises. Winks. :)

Close your eyes, let everything rise that comes, just as if it were
heat rising, sooner or later you will see the "I" who is
orchestrating all of this.

I tend to be an experience type of person, some on this board are
more the intellectual type and they will probably help you more. For
me, I only 'sincerely' wish you the best. We need every worker we
can get.

I wish you well,
Chuck

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "setiamon" <setiamon@y...>
wrote:

> > No. Just *observe*. This is different than "following" a train
of
> > thoughts. Just observe, without *any* involvement, whatever
transpires,
> > even if by detaching from participation in its workings, your
mind
> > happens to quiet itself. Just *observe* :)
> >

> Very curious i'm having more trouble grasping this then i would of
> thought...
>
> I find that if i "observe" a thought my will poors into that
thought
> train impowering it,giving it its own gravity..
>
> am i to assume that the underlining will/energy as long as it is
> formless can flow into the thoughttrain as long as the observing
> "self" doesn't connect directly to that thoughttrain or ride
> it?Because if i cease all will it ceeases the thoughts/movements of
> the conciousness,its like sitting in a puddle of dark water(the
> unconciouss)to which the will/energy flows from if you know what i
> mean?i might be aware of this prematurly(at least sooner then
bardon
> assumes which is why he doesn't mention this) since I used to go
into
> trances (physical paralysis acompanied with a 'door" opening up and
> moving inward to the unconciouss,have you ever experienced anything
> like this??)
>
> from what i take it the point is to retain the "Ego" or Sense of
self
> in its bubble and just observe the exterior sphere of random
thoughts
> emerging from the unconciouss?as long as no thought-webs form and
> attach that ego with the thought-patterns in that exterior
> thought-sphere?If I do this i feel some sense of alignment with the
> unconciouss will like i'm being fed/revitalized,i assume this is a
> good sign??
>

> the second excercise
>
> If i am correct you are saying that the point is meerly to focus on
> the "seed" of thought in the unconcioussness(Gnosis/blackball) and
not
> let ones awareness flow to the layer of images/movements/material
> expressions and associations?but its okay to have that sphere of
> expressions to be in ones concioussness?like if i focus on the
thought
> of a watermelon I just have to focus on the underlinining impulse
or
> "thought" of the watermelon and just not let the arising
> aossciations(sight,smell,waste,weight,texture) draw ones will away
> from the underlining formless seedthought of the watermelon?
>
> 3rd "going with fear" at times these negative images seem to be
coming
> at me but i resist them because of their ugliness,sometimes though
> these things fly into me as soon as i see them so i don't have
time to
> put up my defenses and oddly anuff i feel as if they dissolve into
> [...]

Main Index | Thread Index