Re: Re: Digest Number 638

Message 03467 of 3835

Dear Mark,

>> It is important to note that often the underlying will of the *All*
is present in ways the author of a note/article/book/song etc. is often
never aware of, and the underlying meaning can only be unlocked by those
gifted with sufficient insight and development. The underlying intent
of the post was for the author to be made aware that smoking is not
healthy and to have a self created veil lifted with which he can
subsequently work. <<

:) And just as often a message is exactly what it appears. Many times,
the assumption that there is a) something underlying and b) that you
know exactly what it is, leaves the primary question unanswered. At
that point, the response becomes about the responder and not the
question.

>> Interestingly you state you have a physcial addiction, but have
sorted out the emtional level of your problem. This still doesn't change
the fact you have a physical and negative addiction, which you need to
balance out with healing remedies and magic. <<

Egotism is an interesting beast, especially as it manifests in those
pursuing a magical initiation. I've lost count of the number of
messages to BardonPraxis I've rejected because they had to do with
nothing other than the author's own ego needs to impress others!
Frequently this is manifested as a person telling another person what
they "need" to do in order to make themselves a better person, better
magician, etc. And most often, these assertions are based upon
erroneous assumptions colored by the author's own internal struggles.
Or even when the assumptions are correct, there is still the author's
own need to give directions where they have no business giving them.

Frankly, while you are welcome to your opinions about me and about
smoking, you are not welcome to tell me what I "need" to do. *I* decide
what *I* need do. That is the essence of the Soul Mirror work of
character transformation -- that we each must consciously decide what
*we* are to do or not do based upon *our own* understanding of
ourselves. A related lesson that *hopefully* arises during the
experience of the Soul Mirror work is that it is none of *our* business
what others choose -- that is *their* choice and *their* responsibility,
just as *our* choices are *ours*.

>> Occasional smoking can indeed be useful as a stimulant for certain
activities, but claiming that a consitent phsyical addiction (and your
wonderful yellow teeth!) is not negative <<

;-) It is always interesting to me to see what parts of my statements
folks will completely overlook in their rush to react to those parts of
my words that strike some sort of internal chord. It reveals a lot
about where they are coming from and what issues are most prevalent for
them. For the record, I did not claim that smoking or any part of it,
was "not negative". I repeatedly emphasized the fact that I was
speaking about *my* experience. To quote --

"So for *me*, it is not a negative experience. I *enjoy* smoking and
for *me* the benefits *I* reap from the experience far outweigh any
physical detriment."

>> puts out a highly incorrect and negative message to the more
impressopnable and less strongly willed. <<

*My* message, regardless of how you have interpreted it, was in response
to a question about *my* experience with smoking and I answered speaking
only for *my*self. It was *completely* correct for *me* as a statement
of *my* experience.

Besides, the members of this list are intelligent enough to actually
think for themselves! :)