Excercise clarification

Message 03484 of 3835

After reading your site rawn and this forum in a desire to get a
better grip on these things i have a few questions...

Regarding sense concentration,is visualization the same as sustained
remembering?I mean when i imagen a apple i find that i have to recall
it from the memory and sustain it by streaming it from my unconciouss
if i try and disconnect it from all other process it dissolves after a
few seconds,am i supposed to sustain a visualizations without
consistently remembering it?

About step two when visualizing with the eyes open should this
visualization be projected outside or held within?I have no trouble
visualizing something in my mind while my eyes are open as long as it
is within me in which case is this excercise a turning of attension
inward
making oneself disconnected from the physical stimuli that it
"disappears" or the inner mental visualization has overpowered it or
does this image have to be projected outward like on a table a few
feet infront of me which is very diffacult as the physical stimuli
always overrides it also having extreamly poor eyesight even with
glasses i'm not sure how projecting the image would be perfect(a fuzzy
visualizations?)

third and final question...
about one pointedness in any form say in visualization is the goal to
have that thought or idea ONLY in your mind or the only thing noticed
in your mind?for instance i'v found that i can hold a single thing in
my mind for pretty long before associating thoughts come to the
forefront and pull away from that thought which i then put down,but
i'v noticed even when maintain the thought perfectly that there is
background "thought" its just incomprehensable much like a river in
the distance in which my mind automaticly has tuned out,I find i
always stop the excercise to focus on this background thoughts outside
to squash it which destroys the excercise,is this background "thought"
or perception of mental activity to be surpressed or is it like the
physical stimuli in the visualization excercise?to be pushed into the
background by the main mental object in which case is the only
thoughts that are stops/crushed comprehensable forefront thoughts
relating or not relating to the excercise like "did i turn off the
oven" etc?I Don't know if i'v explained this anuff...its frusterating

Main Index | Thread Index