Re: Re: What does it mean to become noble concerning passions?

Message 03552 of 3835

Dear NKKA,
I enjoyed reading your post. Before addressing your statements and
questions I must let you know that my perspective will be based on an
anthropological perspective and not Hermetic. I have two undergraduate degrees,
one is in
anthropology the other psychology. If I correctly understand your comments,
you are concerned about what an individual would consider to be positive as
opposed to a negetive characteristic. You also mentioned culture.
>From the above mentioned perspective (anthropological), we must look at the
cultural norms as well as the mythos/belief system of the culture and the
individuals role in that culture. For example; there are some cultures that
allow their children, around the age of 12 to 13, to go out into the
woods/jungle and have sexual relations. It is not necessary to have parental
conscent.
This is an acceptable practice within that culture. If the individuals
were to come to the US and the parents of these children allowed the same
behavior in our culture they would soon have to deal with child protective
services.
The same is true from a historical perspective. At one time people of a
certain faith sacrificed animals to God. This is no longer accepted. In other
words when society views your actions/passions and they do not fit within
social norms, regardless of your belief system, you will be viewed on laws that
are written based on the social norms of that society. "When in Rome do as
the Romans."
You also mentioned killing, either in war or for some government agency.
This is the sticky part. In war society would view this as normal behavioir
and perhaps so would a government agency (though they probably would never
admit it). However, people of various belief systems within our society would
hold views that are in opposition to one another.
The real question is this. How does it feel to you to exhibit a certain
passion or behavior? Does it really feel correct and comfortable? If it does
and it fits within the laws and acceptable norms of the society in which you
live then you possibly can consider it a positive behavior.
>From a clinical socialwork perspective ( which I have a masters degree, for
what it's worth) I would ask; How does this behavior/passion affect your
life and/or the lives of others around you? Is it in a positive or negative
way?
You may find this method an acceptable way to evaluate your issue.
Finally, on the issue of noble. I personally consider noble to be above the
norm. Such as nobility are supposed to be above the average person.
Regarding your soul mirror, I must admit that I am new to the Bardon system,
but
not new to the study of behavior. I didn't want to toot my horn regarding
degrees I have attained, its just that I wanted you to know that my
perspectives
are acceptable ones, at least within the fields that I listed. I hope I have
been of some help. I won't bill you.
Best regards'
Dan