Re: Re: What does it mean to become noble concerning passions?

Message 03517 of 3835

Dear Ravi,

>> If at anytime you feel i am belaoring a fairly obvious point , please
feel free to say so. <<

It does concern me that this discussion has centered so much around
'what if's and around what *others* *might* encounter but not about
*your* own experience of these matters. This, like so much in Hermetic
*initiation*, only reveals itself to your full understanding *when* you
actually are engaged in the work itself (e.g., Jerry's recent post).
When the intellectual refinement of a question needs to be pursued to
the nth degree, it is often a sign that more time needs to be spent in
the actual practice and that the information you're really hungry for
will be found there, instead of in the intellectual explanation, no
matter how concise it might be.

>> Fair Enough .If I hear you right what you are saying is that the real
"inner voice" would *never* say "Kill" or "Dominate Others ". Underlying
this there seems to be an assumption that there is a *Universal* system
of values (and consequently "rights" and "wrongs"),irrespective of place
,time and situation. <<

What did you think Bardon's listing of the positive and negative
characteristics was about if not a *universal* statement of positive
BEing? We each however, *express and manifest* the Universal essence in
our own unique ways within the temporal realm. We personalize the
Universal. The point of initiation and of the character transformation
specifically is to *consciously* manifest our personal expression of the
Universal qualities of BEing.

>> a)the 'cultural difficulty' problem. I am an avid student of
history. Consequently I am aware of how much of our "value system" is
dependent on the cultural milieu in which we grow up. <<

How *you* feel *inside* is not rooted in your culture. It is *modified*
by your culture, but the root is in *you* (i.e., the Individual Self).

>> b)the 'real world effectiveness' problem <<

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. If you think that
the character transformation work is "fluffy bunny" or leads in some way
to "fluffy bunnyness" then it is clear you are not talking from
practical experience. I suggest that you focus on practice and see for
yourself. The character transformation work anchors you very clearly in
THIS world. :)

>> c)the "what do i do in practice" problem
I think *in practice" at step one , <<

If this is what you *think* then try it out and see if it *works*. :)
All of your speculations about what might or might not be possible have
yet to be tested through experience. Hermetic *initiation* (as opposed
to the intellectual study and speculation) is founded upon *your*
*experience*.